Great news! We’ve just had our most recent update of the script approved by the Envato team and it is now available to purchase and download here. The new version brings with it some much needed additional features including User Groups and the ability to promote regular users to admins. We’ve got rid of confusing user levels and replaced them with Groups and Group Levels. We’ve also made improvements to the User Banning system, tidied up the code and made many more subtle changes including some design changes to the admin panel.
If you already own the script and wish to update, please make sure you are confident about updating the script as there are also some database changes. If you need help, drop us a line! Also, check out the demo which has also been updated.
- Make a backup of your website.
- Open your existing constants.php file that is already uploaded to your server and make a note of the database connection properties at the top (or copy them somewhere).
- Overwrite all the files from the download over the top of your existing website. It should overwrite all the necessary files.
- Run the update.sql file here to update your database. This creates two new tables for the Groups feature and udpates the version number. ALTERNATIVELY, create a new folder and upload the files there. Then rename the old folder to folder_OLD for example and rename the new folder. That way you can revert back if necessary.
- If you have banned users, they may be at level 4 in the Users table. Run the following command to update them to level 3 –
UPDATE `users` SET `userlevel` = '3' WHERE `userlevel` = '4'. They will still remain banned as they are also in the banlist users table but level 4 is no longer needed.